Sunday, February 2, 2014

Spiderman





My student who did the Gandhi drawing is getting into gouache now. I've converted another! He just picked it up so quickly, too. He started this Spiderman piece a couple of lessons ago. He's really into choosing a piece of art he likes and trying to replicate it. A lot of artists have done this to practice techniques and improve skills. Of course, it's always acceptable and even encouraged to take artistic license and change things. 

Our goal for this piece is to get it completely finished. We've done a lot of "sketch" pieces and are moving towards completed paintings. It takes a few lessons, but I think it's worth it to finish while you have momentum. 

I'm really happy that I have such independent-thinking students. I come to a lesson with ideas for the next lesson, and they always tell me what they want to do or don't want to do. I'm just there to give them advice, teach them techniques, and help them build their artistry. It's really humbling and so very exciting. I can't wait til this one is finished! 

(Sorry the picture's a little blurry. I'll try to get a better one next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment