Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cherries In Progress



Tonight after a lesson I busted out my watercolors and painted some cherries. I am trying to be better about making time for my own art, and I forgot how therapeutic it is to just sit and create something. 

I'm learning that it's so important to not be afraid of color and value. If something in a picture I'm working off of is black, I need to make that area black! Not grey...black. Same goes with color. If that cherry is bright red, you better believe I'm going to work on it until I get a vibrant red. 

Working this way tends to get me a lot of mistakes. I have to go all out to get the reward, or else I'll have just a kind of ok, but boring picture. I might fail and have to start over. It's all in the name of becoming a better, bolder artist. Let this be a lesson in bravery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment